Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Face

Director: Sang-Gon Yoo

Rated: R

Tartan Video: September 27, 2005

92 Minutes
From Amazon:
Hot on the trail of a serial killer who uses acid on his victims leaving behind only the bones, the police turn to Hyun-min, a former forensic sculptor adept in reconstructing faces by examining and interpreting skulls. With the victims' bones in his house, Hyun-min's daughter experiences disturbing visions of a long-haired woman in a white robe, a woman whom she may know. As he races against time to find the answers before the visions overtake his daughter, the deadly truth behind these victims reveals a sinister conspiracy that threatens everyone involved.

I think what initially appealed to me about 'Face' was that it was a Tartan Asia Extreme film. The story line wasn't all that appealing to me but I was a little interested. The cover for the movie can also draw you in. At the beginning of the film, I felt like it had a "Grudge" feel to it. As the story progressed, however, I found that isn't the case.

The movie is about a facial re-constructionist named Hyun-min. Hyun-min has a daughter who is beta allergic and has just had a heart transplant. She remains sick, even though she should be getting better. While the story of where the heart came from unravels, Hyun-min finds himself reconstructing skulls in an attempt to find the donor for his daughters heart in a race to save her life.

Well not overly scary, 'Face' does have some scare factors to it. For instance, there is a ghost that pops up every now and then and makes you jump. Other than that, there is nothing frightening about 'Face.' Well it is a decent film, it's not one of the best I've seen come from Tartan Video. However, if you're into all that mystery,  police type movies with a few good scares and a surprise ending, then 'Face' is the movie for you.

My Rating: 3/5

Ginger


2 comments:

  1. Great review. I've seen this before. It's part of my Asian horror collection at home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!
    I love Asian horror films. I just ordered 8 which I should be getting tomorrow and I can't wait. Love foreign films!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete