Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ju-On (The Grudge)

Director: Takashi Shimizu

Rated: R

Lions Gate: November 9, 2004

92 Minutes
From IMDb:
A mysterious and vengeful spirit marks and pursues anybody who dares enter the house in which it resides.

I watched 'Ju-on' last night and I waited to write my review till today so it's not exactly fresh in my mind but I wouldn't exactly forget a movie like 'Ju-on' either. I haven't written a review for the American version, 'The Grudge' yet but I expect to have it up sometime soon to go in correlation with this review. For those who don't know me, I live for Asian horror films. So it should come as no shock that I LOVED this one. It was my first time watching it and I enjoyed it immensely. The American version was very close in relation to this one, which I was pretty shocked about. For most other films that are remade in America, there are usually an innumerable amount of differences and they drive me crazy.

If you are some hiding in a hole weirdo, and have no idea what 'The Grudge' is, I will tell you. 'Ju-on' is the story of a house..basically. It's a "haunted house" that has some very vengeful spirits with it. To put it simply, if you enter the house, the spirits within will torment you and, eventually, kill you...or drag you off somewhere and who knows what happens to you. One of the things I love about 'Ju-on' is the way the Grudge chick moves. How you can see her snapping movements that, at least I associate with death. It seems more realistic to me, because I think of it as rigamortis has set in and that's why she's so snappy and jerky in her movements. Get it? That's my thought on it anyways.
So, in closing, I love this movie. Surprised? You shouldn't be! It was absolutely awesome! It was full of scary, creepy, twitchy, make you jump goodness! I mean, I didn't have bad dreams at night and it didn't keep me up but I think it's near impossible for that to happen haha. Overall, amazing and I'm happy to have it as part of my horror collection. It's definitely worth checking out. And, with Halloween coming up, it's a great movie to add to your horror movie marathon for the night!

My Rating: 5/5
Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment