Saturday, April 14, 2012

Devil

Director: John Erick Dowdle

Rated: PG-13

Universal Pictures: December 21, 2010

80 Minutes
From Amazon:
Trapped in an elevator high above Philadelphia, five people discover that the Devil is among them – and no one can escape their fate. This chilling, supernatural thriller from M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs) will keep you on the edge of your seat all the way to a heart-stopping ending with a truly wicked twist.

The first time I watched 'Devil' I was expecting it to be a lot more...scary? I was a little disappointed but I have to admit, it's really not that bad. For a movie that takes place almost entirely in an elevator, it's pretty good. And I think it's scary on a psychological lever more than a "make you jump" level. Just think about being one of the last two people on the elevator, knowing you aren't the killer and how scared you'd be! Crazy, right?

So, this movie is basically this random group of people who get trapped in an elevator and every time the lights go out, one of them dies....I don't think there's really that much else to say about it haha. There isn't anything scary that happens or a lot of gore or anything. It's just people in an elevator...and the police trying to figure out who they are and what happened.

I don't think Devil was a terrible movie but it wasn't one of my favorites. Considering what it was about, it was pretty good. But it is a little slow at times and I can see how people might get border watching it. I haven't purchased this one yet (I watched it on Show Time) but I probably will add it to my collection.

My Rating: 4/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment