Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Devil Inside

Director: William Brent Bell

Rated: R

Paramount: May 15, 2012

83 Minutes

From Amazon: In 1989, emergency responders received a 9-1-1 call from Maria Rossi confessing to three brutal murders. The courts found her insane - but something else found her first. Twenty years later, her daughter Isabella’s search for answers led to an exorcism by two rogue priests revealing that her mother is possessed by four powerful demons. Now, Isabella must face pure evil or forsake her soul. Discover why The Devil Inside is the movie critics call “riveting” and “terrifying.”*
I know that my fellow gory Chick Nyx already wrote a review for 'The Devil Inside' but I just got around to watching it even though it's been sitting in my house since the DVD release date. I'm a little behind on movies! I actually didn't think that this movie was as bad as everyone makes it sound. Whether or not that was because my expectations were so low for the film or not, I can't say. If "found video" movies aren't your type of thing then you might just want to skip this one and the review. If it's something you're open to then keep reading!

Normally I would go into my normal "So, like...this movie is about....stuff" but Nyx already did that in her review (which you can find here). So, I'm just going to skip that whole part!

I watched this movie about a week ago and I was fairly impressed. I honestly think that a big part of the reason I found this movie enjoyable is because so many people hated it AND I heard so many negative things about it. While it's not particularly scary or have a lot of frightening moments it is pretty entertaining at the least. I think it's just the type of movie you have to be in the mood to watch and be interested in. Don't go into it thinking it's like Paranormal Activity and you might actually find that you like it!

My Rating: 4/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment